In 1879, the first prospectors arrived in what would soon become Aspen. For the next 14 years Aspen’s fortunes rose as it eventually produced 1/16th of the world’s silver. With this package, travelers will step back in time to learn, experience and traverse Aspen like a prospector. Outfitted with guided tours at every step, this package connects guests to Aspen’s rich mining history and folklore, Indian legend and local tales.
The Aspen at a Glance package includes:
- Three nights accommodations in a one bedroom condominium based on double occupancy
- Private 90-minute Aspen history walking tour, highlighting mining folklore, Indian legend and local tales
- Private tour of Smuggler’s Mine, where the world’s largest silver nugget was found
- Private jeep tour up Gold Hill with views of the Continental Divide and abandoned mines
- $50 credit for lunch on-property at Pepperjacks Café
- One explorer’s backpack with Kleen Kanteens, Aspen logo’d baseball hats and local trail mix
The Aspen at a Glance package is available seasonally and starts at $825 plus taxes and resort fees. Package must be booked directly through The Gant via phone at 800-549-0536. Guided excursions are based on availability and will be billed separately. The Gant Concierge will assist guests in securing excursion times and dates.