Resort Press Room
Director of Sales & Marketing
Phone: (970) 920-6088
Read the Latest News from The Gant
Fit Family Summer Scavenger Hunt at The Gant
Fresh air, fun activities and togetherness all in one package!
ASPEN - May 12, 2008 - Imagine. Gently gather two kids and two adults, sprinkle a little sunshine on a mountain-peak blue skyline, revel in the laughter as you scramble throughout town in search of fun and adventure, and end a busy day snuggled softly into a comfy bed. The Gant, a Destination Hotels & Resorts property, is transforming this image into reality with its Fit Family summer package, a fun, family-focused guest package that encourages teamwork, brainpower and healthy exercise for loosely structured, quality family time. The package, which is valid June 1 - Aug. 29, includes accommodations, scavenger hunt map, bike rentals, rafting and a souvenir pedometer.
Some vacations are conducive to lounging, but the rugged mountain peaks that artfully frames The Gant beckons adventurers and outdoor enthusiasts to experience the thrill of this enviable playground. Endless trails, wildflower meadows, roaring rivers melded with town traditions and historical sites awaken the natural explorer in all of us and pave the way for families to bond together in nature's grandeur. The Gant's Fit Family weaves together some of the best family-friendly things to do in and around town to keep families on the move and having fun.
What's a Scavenger Hunt All About?
The scavenger hunt involves a series of items each family member needs to collect from designated places throughout Aspen. There will be 10 items in total and each person must turn in at least nine items at the front desk in order for each to get a surprise.
Here are a few examples of scavenger hunt items
- Enjoy a walk and/or a picnic with the family at one of Aspen's city parks. Pick up a leaf off the floor and make a rub print on a sheet of paper. Try and identify what kind of leaf it is. For a complete listing of nearby parks, visit www.aspenrecreation.com.
- Head to the Mill Street Fountain to get wet as streams of water geyser out of a street-level grate at alternating intervals making it a must-bring-bathing-suit experience for kids of all ages. Strike a pose and take a picture in front of the fountain. (Camera phone or digital camera picture is fine.)
- Visit the Hallam Lake Nature Preserve and the Learning Center at the Aspen Center for Environmental Studies (ACES) and walk the half-mile nature trail. Write down five facts you learned on this visit. Free admission.
- While on your river rafting expedition, ask the guide his/her name and ask them to share one neat tidbit about themselves. Write it down on a sheet of paper.
- Bike one of Aspen's most popular bike trails, Smuggler Mountain Road and take in the scenery. Stop at the viewing deck and take a picture. (Camera phone or digital camera picture is fine.)
Fit Family Summer Package Details:
- Three nights accommodations in a two-bedroom condominium
- Scavenger hunt map
- Half-day bike rental for four
- Half-day rafting for four (lunch included)
- Souvenir pedometer for each family member
- Activity conversion sheet (converts the time spent on a non-walking activity, such as biking and rafting, into steps)
Starting rate: $415/night based on quad occupancy (Certain rules, restrictions and blackout dates apply.)
Total starting package rate: $1,245 based on quad occupancy
Estimated package savings: 10 percent
Promo Code: FFAMGT
To learn more about this package and other property promotions, please visit www.thegant.com or call 1.800.549.0530.
About The Gant
The Gant is Aspen's finest condominium resort. A resort within a resort, The Gant offers high quality, friendly hotel services at the highest level of any Aspen condominium property. Situated in a peaceful enclave at the base of Aspen Mountain with convenient access to downtown and the ski lifts. The Gant's privately owned condominiums are regularly refurbished and fully equipped, offering the comforts of home to today's travelers and meeting guests, with the services of a hotel.
About Destination Hotels & Resorts
The Gant is one of more than 30 independent, upscale and luxury hotels, resorts and golf clubs in the United States managed by Destination Hotels & Resorts, the fifth largest independent hospitality management company in the country. The company, headquartered in suburban Denver, Colo., features a portfolio of more than 7,000 guest rooms, 10 golf courses and 12 full-service spas. Destination Hotels & Resorts properties are located in key metropolitan and resort markets including Washington, D.C., Houston, Denver, Dallas, San Diego, Santa Fe, Aspen, Austin, Phoenix, Portland, Palm Springs, Maui and Lake Tahoe. For more information on the properties in the Destination Hotels & Resorts collection, please visit www.destinationhotels.com.
Contact: Lupe Hirt
MindSpeak Public Relations