1. Raft! Half day to full day trips and mild to wild. Raft on the Roaring Fork, the Colorado or Arkansas. Class 3 – 5.
2. Bike. Enjoy an easy downhill cruise along the road, mountain bike on paved and unpaved terrains, or learn the basics of mountain biking on a singletrack adventure. Rent your own bike or take a guided trip or lesson.
3. Hike. Guided hikes are available for nature tours to power hikes and all day adventures! Or ask for a few suggestions for our favorite in-town hikes!
4. Jeep. Scenic town rides or backcountry jeeping tours with Blazing Adventures.
5. Fish. Learn the sport of Flyfishing and experience the art of casting for trout on the gold medal Roaring Fork and Frying Pan Rivers. Fish on the river or in a private pond.
6. Shoot. Take a lesson in clay target shooting. This can even be combined with a half day of fly-fishing.
7. Float high above the Aspen Mountain peaks in a hot air balloon. Leave early in the morning and be back in time to enjoy the rest of the day.
8. Learn. Attend a lecture presented by the Aspen Institute or Aspen Center for Physics. World renowned speakers and leaders are always on the docket.
9. Spa. Spend a relaxing day at the Aspen Club & Spa. Get pampered with a massage, facial, manicure or a revitalizing package.
10. Stroll. Take a guided walking tour with Aspen Walking Tours or Aspen Historical Society and learn about Aspen’s past or if you don’t want to walk you can ride the History Coach (electric vehicle) for the tour, weather permitting.
11. Glide. Seek the thrill of tandem paragliding as you step into the sky and soar high over Aspen Mountain!
12. Scare. Take the Dark Side Tour with Aspen Walking Tours. Uncover Aspen’s tarnished past of ghosts, murder and mayhem with true stories of Aspen’s darker history from 1879 to the present.
13. Befriend. Visit the Aspen Animal Shelter and take a local shelter dog for a walk or hike. Who knows – maybe you’ll have to take one home!
14. Eat. Have a gourmet lunch or dinner at the historic Pinecreek Cookhouse. If you want to earn your lunch, rent a road bike at a shop in town and cycle the 13 miles uphill to the cookhouse.
15. ARC. Fun for the whole family, the Aspen Recreation Center has a water slide, lazy river, pool, hot tub, steam room, indoor ice rink, a climbing wall and cardio & weight room.
16. Stretch. Enjoy an early morning yoga session at the Sundeck on Aspen Mountain.
17. Soak. Venture to Glenwood Springs and visit the Glenwood Hot Springs – the world’s largest hot springs pool.
18. Art. Visit the Aspen Art Museum or one of the many art galleries throughout Aspen.
19. Restore. Visit the Aspen Center for Environmental Studies (ACES) for environmental classes and programs about the local ecosystem.
20. Mine. Take a tour of the Smuggler Mine – where back in the day they discovered the largest silver nugget ever mined!
21. Eat. Do as the locals do and grab a bite to eat at one of the many bar menus in town. Many of Aspen’s restaurants will offer a special bar menu with similar entrees as their regular dinner menu in a slightly smaller portion for a reduced price.
22. Lunch. Here at The Gant our favorite lunch spot is Big Wrap. We order a Big Wrap delivery at least five times a week! Grab a wrap or salad at this popular spot and enjoy a low key but delicious lunch!
23. Drink. Head to Justice Snows and order a specialty cocktail from their list of 100s of different drinks!
24. Shop. There are so many different shops in town. From ski shops to high end boutiques, there’s something for everyone. You can even find treasures at a bargain at the Aspen Thrift Store or the consignments stores.
25. Wander. Take a little stroll through Aspen’s historic West End and check out the beautiful Victorians.
26. Listen. Enjoy one of the many concerts and recitals of the Aspen Music Festival. On Sunday, pack a picnic and sit out on the lawn outside the Music Tent. A local’s favorite activity, sitting on the lawn is a fun (and free) way to spend Sunday afternoon.
27. Market. Saturdays through the summer visit the local farmer’s market. Pick up local peaches and tomatoes or maybe a steak to grill from Crystal River Meats. Grill your dinner on The Gant’s barbeques.
28. Rodeo! Wednesdays in Snowmass. Grounds and barbeque start at 5pm, rodeo starts at 7pm.
29. Music. Thursday night concerts in Snowmass are a fun and free way to spend the evening. Located on Fanny Hill on Snowmass Mountain.
30. Plays. Theatre Aspen, located in a newly landscaped area on the Rio Grande Trail, offers a variety of plays throughout the summer.
31. Tennis. Reserve a court at The Gant, or book a private tennis lesson to improve your game.
32. Golf. A Frank Hummel design, the Aspen Golf Club provides a challenging 18-hole course set in the heart of the Rockies and Roaring Fork Valley.
33. Gallop. Trail rides to overnight pack trips, there’s horseback riding for everyone. Pony rides for kids are also available.
34. Frisbee. Try out the Frisbee golf course on top of Aspen Mountain.
35. Gondola. Ride the gondola throughout the summer to the top of Aspen Mountain. From Sunday Bluegrass concerts to activities for the kids, there’s something happening all summer. The views alone are worth the ride! In Snowmass throughout the summer, ride the Gondola with your bike and ride down the mountain, or for evening events check out Valhalla Nights for dinner, dancing and festivities!
36. Hang out. Throughout the summer just hang out in town and listen to burgeoning music students from the Aspen Music Festival and School practicing and performing throughout town. Grab a scoop of Paradise Ice cream as you hop from corner to corner.
37. Get Pampered. Relax with an in-room therapeutic massage by professionally trained massage therapists.
38. Sunset Dinners. Take a late afternoon jeep ride to a secluded log cabin for a Colorado-style dinner.
39. Skate. Get out your skate board and head to the Rio Grande skate park. Helmets required!
Camp. Aspen has several different kids’ camp options – including chaperoned overnight trips. (While the kids are away, ask the concierge to make the adults a romantic dinner reservation!).