WE-Cycle Bike Share
WE-cycle’s state-of-the-art, fully-automated bike system includes 100 bikes and 13 stations including The Gant, available 24/7. Ready to ride until the snow flies, Aspen residents, commuters and visitors can use the bikes for quick, point-to-point trips. WE-cycle helps replace car trips with bike trips! The WE-cycle solution is NOT bike rental, but a complement to Aspen’s transportation options. To rent a bike for extended use, please visit a local bike shop.
Bike sharing is easy as: JOIN. RELEASE. RIDE. RETURN. REPEAT.
Purchase the pass of your choice (go to our Pricing page for all pass options and cost). Please note you must be at least 16 years of age to ride a WE-cycle. Once you purchase a pass, 24-hour, 3-day and 7-day passholders will be given a ride code, which you can choose to print at the kiosk. Then, type the code into the keypad at any dock with an available bike.
Prepaid ByPass holders and season passholders simply swipe their card or key into the slot directly at the bike dock. No additional steps needed! Guests of The Gant can purchase 20% discounted Bypasses. Please contact The Gant Concierge for details.
To release the bike, lift by the seat and pull out firmly.
Your ride starts after checking out a bike from a docking station. Keep your ride under 30 minutes, and you will not incur trip fees. (For more information about trip fees, please visit our Pricing page.) You may ride as many times as you wish throughout the duration of your pass.
Redock your bike at any WE-cycle station: the clock stops when light turns green. Don’t leave the bike until you see the green light. You can find station locations using a station map or download the CycleFinder App.
If the station is full, select REQUEST TIME CREDIT at the kiosk. You will have 15 minutes added to your ride time at no charge. Select FIND NEARBY STATIONS on the start screen to find a station location closeby with available docks.
For subsequent rides during your pass period, 24-hour, 3-day and 7-day passholders must request a new ride code to unlock another bike. Just swipe the same credit or debit card you used to purchase your pass at the kiosk, and a new ride code will be generated for you (your card will not be charged again).
ByPass holders and season passholders simply insert their card or key at any bike dock to ride again.
- All 30-minute rides are included in the cost of a pass. By returning the bike to any station within 30 minutes, you avoid trip fees.
- Your ride starts after checking out a bike from a docking station and ends only after you have redocked it and the confirmation light turns green.
- You can ride WE-cycles anywhere in town, and lock them wherever you’re going with the built-in cable lock. Just remember, the bikes have to be checked back into one of the 13 stations at the end of your trip.
- Ride WE-cycle as many times as you wish while your pass is valid.
- Bike share is not bike rental. For longer rides, WE-cycle suggests visiting one of Aspen’s local bike shops.
- WE-cycle encourages riders to obey all traffic signals and wear a helmet.