1. Ski! Aspen/Snowmass boasts four mountains all under one lift ticket – Aspen, Aspen Highlands, Snowmass and Buttermilk. How many can you ski in one day?
2. Scare. Take the Dark Side Tour with Aspen Walking Tours. Uncover Aspen’s tarnished past of ghosts, murder and mayhem with true stories of Aspen’s darker history from 1879 to the present.
3. Snowmobile in the beautiful backcountry with either T Lazy 7 or Western Adventures. 2-4 hour rides are available, some include lunch.
4. Fish. Learn the sport of fly-fishing and experience the art of casting for trout on the gold medal Roaring Fork and Frying Pan Rivers.
5. Float high above the Aspen peaks in a hot air balloon. Leave early in the morning and be back in time to ski a full day.
6. Mine. Take a tour of the Smuggler Mine – where back in the day they discovered the largest silver nugget ever mined!
7. Climb. Minutes from downtown Aspen is an ideal area for the first time ice climber. Aspen Expeditions introduces you to ice climbing techniques, and the associated gear required to climb a frozen waterfall.
8. Shrines. Aspen Mountain has several shrines that have been hidden in the trees. Go on a shrine hunt and see which ones you can find. Jimmy Hendrix, Jerry Garcia, Marilyn Monroe and Elvis are just a few!
9. Befriend. Visit the Aspen Animal Shelter and take a local shelter dog for a walk or hike. Who knows – maybe you’ll have to take one home!
10. Get Pampered. Relax with an in-room therapeutic massage by professionally trained massage therapists.
11. Learn. Take a guided walking tour with Aspen Walking Tours or Aspen Historical Society and learn about Aspen’s past or if you don’t want to walk you can ride the History Coach (electric vehicle) for the tour, weather permitting.
12. Glide. Seek the thrill of tandem paragliding as you step into the sky and soar high over Aspen Mountain or meet them at Sam’s Knob on Snowmass Mountain and soar with your skis on!
13. Snowshoe. Snowshoe tours on Aspen Mountain with ACES (Aspen Center for Environmental Studies) or Sundog Athletics.
14. Eat. Have a gourmet lunch or dinner at the historic Pinecreek Cookhouse. Lunch seatings are 12 and 1:30, dinner seating is at 6:30pm. Cross country ski or take a horse drawn sleigh ride to the restaurant. Advance reservations required.
15. Sleigh. Enjoy a private sleigh ride through Aspen forest and meadow along the Roaring Fork River with Aspen Carriage Company.
16. Sled. Enjoy world class dining and an unforgettable dog sled adventure with Krabloonik. They offer morning, afternoon and twilight dog sled rides that include a gourmet lunch or dinner.
17. ARC. Fun for the whole family, the Aspen Recreation Center has a water slide, lazy river, pool, hot tub, steam room, indoor ice rink, a climbing wall and cardio & weight room.
18. Stretch. Enjoy an early morning yoga session at the Sundeck on Aspen Mountain.
19. Soak. Venture to Glenwood Springs and visit the Glenwood Hot Springs – the world’s largest hot springs pool.
20. Art. Visit the Aspen Art Museum or one of the many art galleries throughout Aspen.
21. Cross Country Ski. Try out cross country skiing at the Nordic track at the Aspen Golf Course or the North Star Nature Preserve.
22. Restore. Visit the Aspen Center for Environmental Studies (ACES) for environmental classes and programs about the local ecosystem.
23. Dine. Plan a lunch at Cloud 9 Bistro on Aspen Highlands. A quaint mountain restaurant, Cloud 9 serves amazing Austrian fare. A mountain dining experience like none other! Be ready for a party if there is a rowdy afternoon crowd. Dancing required!
24. Skate. Ice-skating is available at the ARC and at the Silver Circle Ice Rink (outdoor).
25. Powder Tour. The best off piste experience in Aspen/Snowmass! Sign up for a powder tour and be taken by snowcat to the backside of Aspen Mountain for a day of powder skiing.
26. Eat. Do as the locals do and grab a bite to eat at one of the many bar menus in town. Many of Aspen’s restaurants will offer a special bar menu with similar entrees as their regular dinner menu in a slightly smaller portion for a reduced price.
27. Lunch. Here at The Gant our favorite lunch spot is Big Wrap. We order a Big Wrap delivery at least five times a week! Grab a wrap or salad at this popular spot and enjoy a low key but delicious lunch!
28. Drink. Head to Justice Snows and order a specialty cocktail from their list of 100s of different drinks!
29. Shop. There are so many different shops in town. From ski shops to high end boutiques, there’s something for everyone. You can even find treasures at a bargain at the Aspen Thrift Store or the consignments stores.
30. Wander. Take a little stroll through Aspen’s historic West End and check out the beautiful Victorians.
31. Hike. Smuggler Mountain! Grab your yak tracks or just sturdy hiking shoes and see the town of Aspen from the observation deck about a mile and a half up. If you are up for an exciting ride, pick up a Swiss-bob style sled from several different shops in town and sled down. It’s a wild ride!
32. Movie Night. Isis Theater, located right in downtown. The best thing about the Isis is that you can enjoy an adult beverage while watching the newest release! Also check Belly Up’s schedule – often times on Monday nights they have movie screenings of past favorites.
33. Swim. Gant pools are heated and open all year.
34. Spa. Spend a relaxing day at the Aspen Club & Spa. Get pampered with a massage, facial, manicure or a revitalizing package.
35. Dance. Belly Up has over 300 live concerts a year and the intimate venue showcases a wide range of music genres, so during your stay you’re bound to find something you’ll enjoy.
36. Skol. Come in January over the annual Winterskol festival, Aspen’s “toast to winter” dating back to 1951. Enjoy festivities like fireworks over Aspen Mountain, the ice sculpting contest on the Cooper & Hyman Avenue malls, and Soupskol, the annual soup contest featuring local chefs and restaurants.
37. Après. After a day of skiing, head to one of the many bars and restaurants in Aspen/Snowmass for après ski. Even if you haven’t skied, you can still après! Most places have drink and snack specials.
38. Bike. If you can’t get enough biking in the summer, try mountain biking on the snow in winter! Rent a Surley fat tire bike from one of the local shops in town.
39. Snowcat. For a dinner experience you are sure to never forget, plan a snowcat dinner tour in Snowmass at either the Lynn Britt or Burlingame cabins, or on Aspen Highlands at Cloud 9.
40. Gondola. Celebrate Ullr Nights on Snowmass Mountain via the Elk Camp Gondola or Party Under the Stars atop Aspen Mountain. On select evenings throughout the winter ride the gondola after dark for dinner, dancing and fun festivities.